Thinking of letting our your property
Welcome to Green and Parry's Lettings department. Your property could not be in safer hands. Our experienced and knowledgable lettings negotiators will work extremely hard for you in order to securegood tenants.
About Green and Parry Estate Agents
We are an established and successful Independent Agent who offer a highly professional, successful and knowledgeable service sourcing high calibre Tenants for our clients. We are extremely proud of the service we provide and are members of The Property Ombudsman. Donna Eaton who is in charge of the lettings side of the business is ARLA qualified and has worked in the lettings industry for many years and has full knowledge of every aspect of the lettings process. Please see a list of our services and fees below but we do offer incentives to new clients with competitive fees for a Tenant Find, Rent Collection and Fully Management service.
Telephone contact: 01932 351986
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email contact: email@example.com
Green and Parry are members of Money Shield which is a Client Money Protection (CMP) scheme enabling lettings and estate agents to reassure tenants, landlords, buyers and vendors that their money is safe.
A Brief Guide to our Services
Advice on letting your property
Rental evaluation, provision of property details with colour photographs
Advertising of your rental property in local publications/on our website
Accompanied viewings and finding of a suitable Tenant
Status enquiries/reference and credit check of prospective Tenants
Obtaining security deposit/rent guarantee
Organising/preparing the Inventory and Check-In
Preparing Tenancy Agreement and Legal Notices
Advising on compliance with Safety Regulations for Gas/Electricity supplies etc.
Collecting monthly rental payments and providing monthly accounting to landlords on a Rent Collection or Fully Managed Service
Arranging annual gas safety checks
Periodic inspection of the property and reporting of any problems
Obtaining competitive quotations and, upon approval, arranging for necessary repairs/maintenance to be carried out
Contacting the Tenant and arranging for renewals and/or check-out as necessary
Important Information for Landlords when renting a property:
1. Written consent must be obtained from your Mortgage Provider if there is a mortgage on the property.
2. Written consent must be obtained from the Freeholder of a Leasehold property.
3. Your Insurance Company must be notified that the property is to be rented out and appropriate insurance obtained for a tenanted property. There are specialist insurance companies who can provide this and we would be happy to assist you.
4. The Inland Revenue must also be informed within 6 months of letting your property, flat or apartment in the UK and failure to do so will incur penalties, interest and other consequences. The Inland Revenue are apt to deal harshly with Landlords who do not declare rental income and it is always best to seek advice on tax planning and Capital Gains Tax from a fully qualified Accountant.
5. Keys will need to be provided, at least two sets and if the property is being Fully Managed by your agent they will also need a management set of keys.
6. All utility providers including gas, electric, water, council tax, telephone and broadband have to be transferred to the tenant.
7. An Inventory and Check is essential and should arranged as this is an important legal document which forms an integral part of the Tenancy Agreement and is evidence of the condition of the property prior to tenants moving in and will be used against the check out if and when a tenant leaves. In the event of a dispute concerning loss or damage to the property which is not resolved then the matter will be referred to the Court and arbitration, any judgement will be based on the written documentation this being the inventory.
8. It is helpful that operating instructions/booklets are to be left in the property for the Tenant’s benefit.
9. Furniture and Furnishings – The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety)Regulations 1988 (amended 1989 & 1993) - Soft furnishings (such as mattresses, settees, bed bases, cushions and padded headboards) must meet fire resistance standards and bear a permanent label confirming this. If compliance cannot be proved, the item must be removed and replaced.
10. Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide – All properties must have a working smoke alarm fitted on every floor and due to latest legislation, it is now required for every property to have a working carbon monoxide detector fitted.
Landlords Services and Fees
Please see below the different levels of services we provide, if you would like to make an appointment to talk to the lettings team about our services or wish to book a Free Rental Valuation please do get in touch with our Lettings team on 01932 351986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronze Service – This is the basis service which is a Tenant Find only 9.6% inclusive of vat.
We provide a free rental valuation and advise on the rental price to advertise.
The service provides the marketing and advertising of the property which includes advertising on our website and all the main portals including Rightmove, Zoopla and On The Market.
We will deal with all enquiries and arrange and accompany on all viewings with any applicants that we have vetted prior to arranging any viewing at the property.
Once an offer has been accepted by the landlord, we deal with all of the letting process which includes referencing the applicants, arranging the tenancy agreement, registering the security deposit, requesting the required funds prior to move in, arranging the inventory and check-in up and overseeing all the necessary arrangements until the point the tenant moves in.
Silver Service – This service provides all of the above and includes rent collection 12% inclusive of vat.
Everything that is included in the Tenant Find service as explained above.
Once the tenant has moved into the property, we will be in charge of collecting the rent on the landlord’s behalf which will go into a designated bank account and then transferred to the landlord minus the Rent Collection fee.
Rent collection will deal with any late rental payments and if necessary, dealing with the Form 6A (previously Section 21) to be issued to serve notice.
Gold Service – This service includes all that is provided with the Bronze and Silver service but we will manage the property on behalf of the landlord. 14.4% inclusive of vat.
Everything that is included in the Bronze Service and Sliver Service.
Once the tenant has moved in to the property we will deal with the day to day running of the property.
If the tenant has any issues, we liaise with them to resolve this.
If there are any maintenance issues at the property, we arrange contractors to investigate and quote for any works required (we will always obtain the landlords permission prior to instructing any works to be carried out)
We manage any works that need to be carried out and liaising with the tenants and contractors for access of which the landlord will be updated on a regular basis.
Within the management service we will carry out a property inspection at 3 months and then will arrange every six months thereafter to carry out property inspections.
The landlord will receive a full report on the property condition will photographs (as long as the tenants grant permission for photographs to be taken).
Platinum Service - 15.6% inclusive of vat.
Everything that is included in the Bronze, Sliver and Gold Service
The landlord will receive a full report on the property condition with photographs (as long as the tenants grant permission for photographs to be taken).
With the Platinum Service we will include free of charge Legal Protection Insurance which covers the landlord for any costs involved to gain vacant possession due to non-payment of rent.
A Setup Fee for each new Tenant Search will be charged which is calculated on the size of the property.
This fee is to cover full tenant referencing on all applicants which includes, Credit Check, Employment History, previous landlord references and ‘Right to Rent Checks’ when renting in the United Kingdom.
Arranging the Tenancy Agreement and registering the Security Deposit with the deposit scheme ‘My Deposits’